Authentic Culture Abounds
PASSPORT PROGRAM: “German influence in Milwaukee”
Learn how German immigrants and their descendants influenced the growth of Milwaukee in industry, architecture, commerce, education, politics, arts, as well as all other aspects of our daily lives. You can explore this program and win a prize. Pick up your Passport at one of the information booths or at the Culture Tent located on the South end of the festival grounds near the Marcus Ampitheater and collect the Club Stickers to receive a prize.
Miss Wisconsin Collegiate America 2013
Miss Wisconsin Collegiate America 2013 Corrianne Strupp will be participating in various events at German Fest all four days. She will be promoting her book “Friends to Keep” in the Culture Pavilion.
Relax in our Musikgarten while listening to local artists playing their folk instruments. Check back often, as we will be adding the complete schedule soon.
Join jus for a cultural display featuring traditional clothing (called Tracht) seen at German Fest. This year, we are featuring the Donauschwaben, a group of ethnic Germans that lived in Slavic regions. They will be joined by a variety of costumes from German, Austria and Switzerland.
The Civil War Group is available to learn more about the German-American’s involvement in the Civil War.
Trace your family tree with the help of one of our many genealogy specialists.
HANDWERKER (Craftsmen) and artists will be displaying their products and demonstrating talents. Learn how an authentic German handcrafted organ is made from scratch. You can hear these organs played at each of our entrances as well as at our Glockenspiel area and along the lakefront.
The Volkswagen Club of Milwaukee will display 25-30 of their vintage Beetles, Dune Buggies, Fire Engine, as well as many other classics. You can find the car display adjacent from our Culture Pavilion.
Be sure to check out the other items culture has to offer including:
- See displays from each of German Fest’s participating Societies; learn about their many activities as well as their history.
- Our Bookstore has publications available of many German American subject matters as well as souvenirs of all kinds.
- Train enthusiasts will enjoy the beautiful display by the European Train Enthusiasts.
- Pick up Travel Brochures and Magazines in our Media Center.
- See a rare classic European car, a Model 200 Pillarless Steyr, made in Steyr, Austria, on display. Only 1,200 were made.