FOOD FOR THOUGHT
When it comes to food, German Fest attendees are known for their culinary consumption.
The following list shows various foods & amounts consumed during German Fest each year:
- 20,000 bratwurst
- 20,000 pieces of torte and pastries
- 20,000 roast pork sandwiches
- 15,000 pieces of strudel
- 10,000 pounds of potatoes used in potato pancakes
- 10,000 pounds of potato salad
- 10,000 pounds of sauerkraut
- 9,000 dumplings
- 8,000 pounds of onions
- 5,000 pounds of coleslaw
- 5,000 chickens + 200 pigs for Spanferkel
So, how much food is that? Let’s do the math:
- If you stack end-to-end the 20,000 brats consumed, it stretches the length of eight Empire State Buildings! That’s 10,000 feet!
- Would you prefer a sports analogy? 10,000 feet of brats is like the length of 28 football fields.