- Largest German style only homebrew competition in the country!
- All BJCP German & Vienna style categories accepted, Specialty, Smoked, & Wood Aged with German or Vienna base too.
- Judging will be taking place at Kegel’s Inn, historic German beer hall and restaurant in West Allis, WI.
- The awards ceremony will take place on Sunday, July 30th at 12:15pm during German Fest in the Sprecher Oktoberfest Tent.
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place awards will be issued for each category. An honorable mention may be issued for a category should the judges feel that it is warranted.
- The 1st place entry from each category will advance to the Best of Show (BOS) round with a single, overall Best of Showbeer selected.
- One entry from the Best of Show round will be chosen to be ramped up and brewed by the Milwaukee Brewing Company.
- Best of Show, Best of Show Runner Up and Best of Show 2nd Runner Up will be awarded steins.
- More information can be found here
Here is the list of beer styles that are open for the competition:
|Munich Helles||Dortmunder Export||German Pilsner (Pils)|
|Bohemian Pilsener||Vienna Lager||Oktoberfest/Marzen|
|Munich Dunkel||Schwarzbier||Maibock/Helles Bock|
|Kolsch||Northern German Altbier||Dusseldorf Altbier|
|Weizenbock||Roggenbier (German Rye Beer)||Berliner Weisse|
|Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer|
(Must have German base bier)Classic RauchbierOther Smoked Beer
(Must have German base bier)Wood-Aged Beer
(Must have German base bier)Specialty Beer
(Must have German base bier)Gose (Custom Style)
Interesting Past Facts:
- 122 entrants from 14 different states –
CA, FL, GA, IA, IL, MA, MI, MN, MO, NH, OH, TN, TX, WI
- Over 30 judges participated.
- To maintain quality judges judged no more than 8 entries per sitting.
- All category mini Best of Show sessions were conducted with at least one BJCP judge with a rank of National or higher.